If you’re just getting started with LensKit, start with the following:
- Getting Started, to use LensKit in a project
- Experiment Quickstart, to run recommender experiments with LensKit
Then you will probably want to read the rest of our documentation:
- LensKit Basics — how to use LensKit and work with its interfaces and data structures.
- LensKit Algorithms — more detailed discussions of the algorithms LensKit provides.
- The LensKit Evaluator — evaluating recommendation quality.
- Command Line Tools — evaluating recommendation quality.
- Java API documentation for the current version (2.2.1)
- Versioning policy
- The LensKit wiki has documentation on developing LensKit
Additionally, Chapter 3 of Michael Ekstrand’s dissertation describes the design of LensKit’s, along with the motivations behind many of the design decisions. It is recommended reading for people wanting to work on the LensKit code.
LensKit is under continual development, so the documentation for the latest release may not be up-to-date with the latest developments in the LensKit source tree. If you are using a prerelease milestone, tracking the latest
master sources, or working on LensKit itself, we have some additional documentation: