Open-Source Tools for Recommender Systems
LensKit for Java is deprecated; see LensKit for Python
Use LensKit to build your next recommender application.
Use LensKit to research recommender algorithms, evaluation techniques, or user experience.
- Download latest binaries (version 2.2.1)
- Latest version: 2.2.1
- Latest prelease: 3.0-M2
- Get from Maven Central
- Get the source on GitHub
Learn about LensKit
Connect with LensKit
- Join our mailing list
- Report and discuss issues on GitHub
- Follow LensKit on Twitter
LensKit is free and open-source software, available under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public license version 2.1 or later.
LensKit development began at GroupLens Research at the University of Minnesota and is now coordinated by the People and Information Research Team (PIReT) at Boise State University. We welcome contributions from developers anywhere. LensKit work is made possible by support from a number of organizations:
- Multiple GroupLens Research projects, particularly MovieLens and BookLens, use LensKit in production, providing experience, bug reports, and other valuable feedback (and code). We also maintain list of LensKit users.
- Development has been funded in part by the National Science foundation (under grants IIS 05-34939, 08-08692, 08-12148, and 10-17697).
- YourKit is kindly supporting the project with free licenses for the YourKit Java profiler.